There’s ample of blogs, vlogs, videos and articles out there about rape. Everyone is trying to create some awareness, but trust me it is all going in vain.
Everytime there’s a rape case that’s been highlighted by media, there’s a rigour and anger in us. A lot of us walk the street with candles and boards. Some of us fill up our social media walls with posts and trying to make a difference. Some of us take the time to write about creating awareness. There are filmmakers who try to create a movie around this. Media tries to flash the news at all times, making sure the public of India wakes up.
Do you think we will?
The truth is ugly, bitter and life-scarring – We’re awake and we will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about this.
We are so used to such news that there are people who would go ahead and say, “Ahh another rape case in India.”
I am unmarried. I live all alone in Pune. I do night shifts. I wear western clothes. I have a lot of guy friends. I speak in English. I smile at men.
Believe me, I am the best victim for a rape case. You know what, every person who has a HOLE in their body is the best victim for a rape. This may hurt the feelings of a few of my readers, but guess what – I give a damn!
Do we need more educated people around to stop rape or are we so educated that we are getting raped?
Rape is not something that is an outcome of society, class, money, education or mentality.
- People who think IT IS THE VICTIMS FAULT THAT THEY GOT RAPED ARE SICK.
- Families that support their offspring who has raped someone are SICK.
- Authorities asking the victim how he/she was raped repeatedly, are SICK.
- Everyone who decides for the woman who got pregnant after a rape if she should keep the kid or no are SICK.
- Everyone who thinks seeking help from Law is useless are SICK.
To be very honest, none of us will ever understand the pain of the victim. It is suffocating. You feel helpless when there’s a group of people or a single person touching you without your consent.
Veteran Rapists and Apprentice – Just a list of facts:
- When a person wears clothes that excites you doesn’t mean we are wearing it so that you can take them off.
- Sex without consent is considered as RAPE/MOLESTATION even if the person on the receiving end is your spouse, family member or a sex worker.
- Just because we smiled doesn’t mean we are inviting you to touch us.
- When the person you are going to rape or thinking of raping yells, it is not because he/she is enjoying it.
- Be prepared soon, very soon we, the public of India will be carrying Acids/weapons with us because it is time we take the law in our hands.
- Lastly, dear Rapists – YOU ARE SICK AND YOU NEED TO SEE A PROFESSIONAL IF YOU HAVE THE THOUGHT OF RAPING SOMEONE.
I am disturbed with the whole RAPE CULTURE OF INDIA. Is that what we need to be known for?
Lets put a STOP TO THIS. PLEASE!
One thought on “Rape: A New Indian Culture”
How do you think people should stop it? It is very disturbing.